CRISTIANO RONALDO is reportedly impressed in which the way Man Utd chief Richard Arnold is handling his transfer request.
The Portuguese star wants to leave this summer, but United are reluctant to sell him.
And agent Jorge Mendes is said to have offered the Red Devils ace to Paris Saint-Germain.
Meanwhile, Harry Kane has been linked with a move to Bayern Munich to replace Roberto Lewandowski.
Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has shut down the possibility of a deal this summer.
However, Bayern legend Lothar Matthaus says the England captain will come into the club’s thinking next summer.
Elsewhere, Barcelona are on the verge of agreeing a new contract for Ousmane Dembele, who was linked with Chelsea.
But that isn’t set to stop them signing Blues target Raphinha, with a deal reported to be imminent.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Follow ALL of the latest transfer news and gossip below…
Rose’s double club dilemma
Danny Rose has been seen playing for Tottenham – despite still being contracted to Watford.
The former England international’s career remains in limbo as he looks for a way out of Watford.
He is now back training with Spurs at Hotspur Way even though he left the club a year ago.
Short footage from The Spurs Web on Twitter shows the 32-year-old wearing the number three and operating from his usual left-back position in a training game.
According to the Watford Observer, Rose is training with Tottenham at his own request.
Most expensive Irish player signing
Nathan Collins has become the most expensive Irish player in history after Wolves paid Burnley £20.5million for the 21-year-old centre-back.
The fee smashes Robbie Keane’s previous record which stood for 14 years after Liverpool paid £19million for the striker in 2008.
Republic of Ireland international Collins completed his medical at Wolves‘ Compton Park training base before putting pen-to-paper on a bumper five-year deal, with the option of a further 12 months.
The youngster then flew out to Wolves pre-season training camp in Alicante with his new teammates.
Bruno Lage is confident the six-times-capped international will fill the huge void left by experienced defender Romain Saiss who has moved to Besiktas.
Dybala’s put of Luk
Inter Milan boss Simone Inzaghi has ruled out a move for Paulo Dybala.
Dyabla’s available on a free transfer after departing from former club Juventus.
He was reportedly hoping to head to Inter, but Inzaghi’s content with the strike force currently at his disposal that consists of Chelsea loanee Romelu Lukaku.
Inzaghi revealed, via Football Italia: “I am very satisfied with the strike force at our disposal. We were the most prolific team last season in Serie A and brought in Lukaku, so now we’ll wait and see what happens on the market in other areas of the team.
“I am constantly in contact with the directors, we must find a replacement for Andrea Ranocchia who can complete the defence.”
It’s not a Scam
West Ham have entered advanced talks with Sassuolo over Gianluca Scamacca, according to 90min.
Arsenal were in pole position to land the striker at the start of June.
But that was before they snagged Gabriel Jesus from Man City.
And now the Hammer are poised to pick up where the Gunners left off as they near a deal for Scamacca, according to 90min.
Rooney confirmed as DC United boss
Wayne Rooney has been officially unveiled as new manger of MLS outfit DC United.
The England legend has agreed to take charge of the Washington DC-based club, despite The Sun exclusively revealing wife Coleen’s concern about the job and being determined to stay in the UK.
He is thought to have agreed a $1million-a-year (£850k) contract to take up his new position.
Rooney, who spent with two seasons with the side as a player in 2018 and 2019, was pictured taking a training session earlier on Tuesday.
The Three Lions icon headed back Stateside earlier this week without wife Colleen and his kids after quitting as manager of Derby County last month.
Cullen signs for Burnley
Burnley have confirmed the signing of Anderlecht ace Josh Cullen.
Cullen has cost Burnley around £3m, in a deal that includes add-ons, The Athletic reported.
He penned a three year deal at Turf Moor after undergoing a successful medical, the report added.
Skriniar misses Inter training
Milan Skriniar has been left out of Inter Milan’s pre-season friendly against FC Lugano as he edges towards a move to PSG.
Skriniar stayed behind in Milan as his team-mates went off to face Swiss side Lugano, football Italia reported.
The defender is reportedly focused on completing his switch to Paris before the Ligue 1 side travel to Asia for their pre-season tour.
Watford transfer split with Barcelona
Watford will have to split any future transfer cash with Barcelona if they sell new signing Rey Manaj.
Manaj joined the Hornets for an undisclosed fee today.
But it’s been revealed that Barca will be handed half the sum if Watford sell him on at any point.
Barca’s shrewd bit of business was disclosed by Samuel Mardsen who said: “Barcelona striker Rey Manaj has joined Watford. Barça have 50% of any future transfer.”
Rangers sign Schalke star
Rangers have signed Rabbi Matondo from German side Schalke.
The 21-year-old joined the Scottish side for £2.5m on a four year deal.
The transfer will be complete when Matondo receives international clearance.
Aberdeen ace joins Bologna
Bologna have confirmed the signing of Aberdeen ace Lewis Ferguson.
The Scotland midfielder has cost the Serie A side a total of £3m.
And he was given a warm send-off by Dons boss Jim Goodwin who said: ““We want to be a Club that is an attractive option for young players who know they can come here, get important game time, train in excellent facilities, and have opportunities to further their development.
“ Lewis has been a fantastic player for Aberdeen. He became an integral part of the dressing room in recent seasons, and he has earned the right to explore other options.
“The club has helped his development massively. He’s played an impressive number of first team games for his age, not only domestically but in Europe as well, and recently made his debut for his country.”
Lewandowski returns to Bayern
Bayern Munich’s wantaway star Robert Lewandowski has returned to Germany without his family after receiving DEATH THREATS amid the ongoing Barcelona transfer saga.
According to WP SportoweFakty, the star striker returned to Munich from his summer break alone today after recent death threats he received on social media amid the ongoing drama.
The Poland international’s wife Anna and his children stayed behind as he came back for some annual medical tests, which are routine for every Bayern player before pre-season.
There were reports suggesting the 33-year-old would strike to force a move away from the Allianz Arena.
However, the Polish superstar proved that is not the case and actually never considered that option.
Toon Army eyeing up Isak
Mega-rich Newcastle United are preparing to flex their wallet in the transfer market by making a club record bid for Real Sociedad forward Alexander Isak.
The news come courtesy of Luke Edwards at The Telegraph and, while no fee is mentioned, it is understood that it would eclipse the £40m the club paid for Joelinton in 2019.
Isak was heavily linked with Arsenal in January, but turned down the chance to move to the Premier League.
Should the 22-year-old Swedish international opt for St James’ Park, he would join Bruno Guimaraes in favouring the Toon over the Gunners.
Napoli to swoop for Seagull
It looks as though it’s a case of one centre-back out, one centre-back in at Napoli.
With Kalidou Koulibaly set to join Chelsea for €40m, the Serie A club may have sourced a readymade replacement in young Brighton defender Leo Skiri Ostigard.
The 22-year-old Norwegian joined the Seagulls in 2018, but has yet to make a senior appearance for the south coast club; he has instead spent time away on loan at St Pauli, Coventry, Stoke and Genoa.
It’s understood that Napoli officials were impressed by Ostigard’s time in Serie A, and have submitted a bid to Brighton in the region of €3m – €4m.
Hendrick’s gone! Jeff leaves on loan
Eddie Howe has begun clearing out the deadwood at Newcastle by allowing Jeff Hendrick to go out on loan to Reading for the season.
The Republic of Ireland midfielder heads back to the Championship, having spent the second half of last season with QPR.
The 30-year-old joined the Toon Army in 2020 on a free transfer from Burnley, but has only made 27 appearances during his time at St James’ Park.
Koul runnings! Blues win Kalidou race
Chelsea are on the verge of completing the signing of Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, according to journalist Fabrice Hawkins.
The Blues have reportedly had a €40m bid for the Senegal captain accepted, and have also agreed terms on a three-year deal.
The 31-year-old will move to London after eight years in Naples, in which he made more than 300 appearances for the Serie A club.
Transfer watch: Leno to Fulham?
Sky Sport Germany reporter Florian Plettenberg has revealed that negotiations between Arsenal and Fulham regarding Bernd Leno are ongoing.
Currently, the Cottagers have not met Arsenal’s £11m asking price, but the goalkeeper wishes to make the move.
Rumour rating: ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️
Blues set price for Cesar
Captain Cesar Azpilicueta has told Chelsea that he wants to join Barcelona – but a move won’t be sanctioned yet unless the Catalans cough up £7m.
The Spaniard has already agreed personal terms on a two-year deal with Barca, having first been courted by the LaLiga giants months ago.
However, Azpilicueta’s contract with the Blues – originally due to end this summer – had a one-year extension automatically triggered, ensuring the Londoners could demand a transfer fee.
It’s likely that Chelsea will relent on that asking price, but not before Thomas Tuchel has brought in defensive reinforcements of his own.
Meanwhile, Marcos Alonso is keen to join his skipper in swapping Stamford Bridge for the Nou Camp.
Transfer watch: Spence to Tottenham
Djed Spence has not travelled to Portugal for Middlesbrough’s pre-season training camp as talks the Teesside club and Tottenham continue. A deal looks imminent.
Rumour rating: ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️
Eriks-in and off to Oz
Christian Eriksen will sign for Manchester United this week – and then immediately fly to Australia to join his new teammates on tour.
That’s according to The Athletic, who report that the ‘final details’ of the midfielder’s move are currently being agreed upon.
The Danish international will become the Red Devils’ second summer signing, joining Tyrell Malacia as one of the new faces in Erik ten Hag’s squad.
Barca ‘unwilling’ to match Leeds valuation
Another day, another transfer held up by Barcelona’s curious financial situation.
The signing of Raphinha from Leeds United looked a formality yesterday, but Mundo Deportivo now claim that the Catalans are unwilling to pay the €72m asking price set by the Yorkshire club.
However, the LaLiga giants are prepared to offer in the region of €50m, and they remain confident that Leeds will accept.
The Brazilian favours a move to the Nou Camp, having previously been linked with Chelsea and Arsenal earlier in the window.
Are Arsenal closing on Kante?
The rumours linking Arsenal with a swoop for Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante are refusing to go away, and reports in Spain now suggest that a deal could be done in the coming days.
Todo Fichajes claim the Gunners are ready to lodge a £17m offer for the Frenchman, who has just one year remaining on his Stamford Bridge contract.
While the Blues would prefer to keep Kante, at 31 years of age he isn’t considered a priority for a new deal – and that could tempt them to cash in.
The tireless midfielder has won the Premier League with both Leicester and Chelsea, and Arsenal fans will be hoping his arrival would prompt a similar title challenge.
Heads, United win with Sasa
Manchester United appear to be using their heads in the transfer market – and will soon hope that their new recruit can use his.
Austrian striker Sasa Kalajdzic has held talks with Old Trafford officials, and could be set for an imminent move to the Premier League giants from Stuttgart.
At six foot seven inches, Kalajdzic has proved himself a handful for most Bundesliga defences, and has scored more headed goals over the past two seasons than any other player in Germany.
Justin time? Hammers court Kluivert
After failing in their efforts to sign Arnaut Danjuma, West Ham have turned their attention to Roma’s Justin Kluivert.
Kluivert – the 23-year-old son of former Dutch striker Patrick – has one year remaining on his contract at the Stadio Olimpico, and Jose Mourinho is ready to cash in.
After bursting on to the scene at Ajax in 2017, the forward’s career has stagnated since moving to the Italian capital four years ago.
He has spent the past two seasons out on loan but did impress in Ligue 1 with Nice last term, netting six goals and providing six assists in 31 appearances.
Breaking: Rodri signs new contract
Manchester City midfielder Rodri has signed a three-year contract extension that will keep him with the Premier League champions until 2027.
The Spanish international joined City in 2019, and has gone on to make 151 appearances for the club.
He said: ““Joining City is the best decision I have made in my career. I have loved every second. The fans have been amazing with me, I feel totally supported by the Club and the manager pushes me every single day.”
Blues agree deal for Slonina
Chelsea are understood to have reached a verbal agreement to sign goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina from Chicago Fire.
Fabrizio Romano tweeted that a £10m deal had been agreed upon after new Blues owner Todd Boehly met with the MLS club himself.
The 18-year-old stopper will remain at Chicago on loan as part of the transfer, and is considered one for the future.
Wolves and Real Madrid had been linked with the USA U20 international, but Boehly’s involvement appears to have been key to Chelsea winning the race.