Talk

Aaron Donald, Sean McVay ramp up repeat talk at Rams’ Super Bowl parade

LOS ANGELES – Speculation over the possible retirement of Aaron Donald and Sean McVay seemingly faded Wednesday during the Los Angeles Rams’ public rally, which finished at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, in celebration of their Super Bowl 56 victory.

McVay, the Rams’ head coach, started chants of “run it back,’’ and then it was time to hear from the players.

Donald, the star defensive lineman who clinched the victory? Apparently ready to “run it back.’’

Rams outside linebacker Von Miller, a pending free agent? Count him in, too.

On the day of the Rams’ parade and rally, it was the central theme: Key members of the team that defeated the Cincinnati Bengals for the team’s first Super Bowl title in Los Angeles want to pursue back-to-back championships.

NFL MOCK DRAFT: Post-Super Bowl look includes surprises in top 10 of first round

NFL POWER RANKINGS: After Super

Read More

Aaron Rodgers breaks silence on Packers drama, confirms rift with team in off-camera talk with NBC announcer

Although there’s been a lot of speculation about Aaron Rodgers over the past 48 hours, it should be noted that none of that has come from Rodgers himself. With rumors flying around that he wants out of Green Bay, the Packers quarterback had the chance to clear the air on Saturday during an off-camera talk at the Kentucky Derby and all he did was muddle things even more. 

During the derby broadcast, NBC’s Mike Tirico noted that he ran into Rodgers at Churchill Downs and although Rodgers was unwilling to speak on camera, the reigning NFL MVP did talk with Tirico and here’s what the NBC announcer had to say about the conversation. 

“I bumped into one of the VIPs here who just happens to be the biggest news name in sports right now. That’s Aaron Rodgers. He didn’t want to talk on camera,” Tirico said before noting what Rodgers

Read More

ESPN Doesn’t Want to Talk About UFC Fighter Conor McGregor’s Rape Case

Hours after the news broke on Jan. 19 that Conor McGregor, the star mixed martial arts fighter, had been sued in Ireland by a woman who claimed he’d raped her in 2018, ESPN weighed in.

On the Tuesday evening edition of SportsCenter, ESPN described the sexual-assault allegation as an “alleged personal injury.” The “situation,” as they phrased it, had been investigated by police, though charges had not been filed. The anchor noted they’d confirmed this information with McGregor’s lawyer and added that McGregor had denied the allegations. The following morning, a different SportsCenter anchor recited the exact same script. The segment was followed by a commercial starring McGregor—for a brand of whiskey founded by McGregor.

None of the above is false, but it’s far from a complete picture. According to court documents obtained by The New York Times, the woman in question was invited into McGregor’s bedroom where

Read More

UFC’s White working on ‘fun stuff’ amid talk of McGregor comeback

UFC president Dana White said he is working on some “fun stuff” for Irish star Conor McGregor as he hinted at a possible comeback next year.

McGregor announced his decision to retire in June, having returned to the Octagon in January after a 15-month absence and knocked out Donald Cerrone at welterweight in just 40 seconds.

Former featherweight and lightweight champion McGregor had been planning to fight three times in 2020, however, the coronavirus pandemic scuppered that strategy.

White previously said no bout was planned for McGregor in 2021 but he told ESPN’s SportsCenter on Thursday: “We’re actually working on some fun stuff for Conor at the beginning of next year.

“He should be back next year. I’m not saying he’s coming back to fight, guaranteed, but we’re talking right now about some stuff.”

The 32-year-old McGregor boasts a 22-4 record, which includes wins over Eddie Alvarez, Nate Diaz and

Read More