Accused

Former NFL Player Accused Of Killing Spree Had Brain Trauma

A detail view of an NFL football as the Buffalo Bills play the Washington Redskins at FedExField.

A detail view of an NFL football as the Buffalo Bills play the Washington Redskins at FedExField.

Former NFL player Phillip Adams reportedly had stage 2 CTE when he allegedly gunned down six people in South Carolina, before taking his own life in April.

On Tuesday, Dr. Ann McKee, a neuropathologist who led the examination of Adams’ brain, said Adams CTE was “unusually severe in both frontal lobes.” Which may have contributed to his “behavioral abnormalities.”

Adding, “Adams’ 20-year career in football put him at a high risk.”

CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to repeated head trauma can only be diagnosed after death. And has been found in the brains of people who have played football and other contact sports.

According to the Mayo Clinic, possible symptoms include: cognitive, behavioral and mood changes.

The 32-year-old former player suffered numerous injuries over the course of his six years in

Read More

Man Who Accused Aaron Donald Of Assault Apologizes After Video

Aaron Donald on the field for the Rams.

Aaron Donald on the field for the Rams.

Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald found himself in a tricky situation earlier this week, as he was accused of assaulting a man outside a Pittsburgh-area nightclub.

De’Vincent Spriggs, reportedly filed charges against Donald, claiming the three-time Defensive Player of the Year caused several injuries, including 16 stitches to his eye and a broken arm.

Fortunately for Donald, a video surfaced on Friday that showed him actually pulling people off of Spriggs outside the nightclub. He was breaking up the fight, not initiating it.

Shortly after the video was made public, Spriggs’ attorney, Todd J. Hollis, issued an apology on his client’s behalf.

“I wanted to make this statement public,” Hollis told KDKA. “And to extend an apology to Aaron for what he’s gone through, but I clearly know this was not him.”

Donald’s attorney, Casey White, spoke to ESPN on

Read More

A Poker Pro Accused of Cheating Wants $330M in Damages

Mike Postle, a 42-year-old poker pro who has been widely accused of cheating on livestreamed games at a Sacramento casino, has never wavered in his claims of innocence. From the moment in late September 2019 when Veronica Brill, a fellow player, tweeted out her suspicion that Postle’s winning streak at Stones Gambling Hall was too good to be true, Postle has maintained that he’s the victim of a conspiracy.

When I reported on his story at length for WIRED, for example, Postle told me that all of the allegations against him were “fake news,” and that he had been inexplicably targeted by people who desire either fame or money.

Now Postle is hitting back at an array of poker luminaries who have publicly branded him a cheat. On October 1, Postle filed a defamation suit seeking $330 million in damages from a dozen named defendants.

Among those in Postle’s

Read More